Much of the information below was first published by Healthy Place at: https://www.healthyplace.com/other-info/suicide/suicide-suicidal-thoughts-and-behaviors-toc/
I’m continually adding new resources to the list to include any and all resources, but the original list of resources from Healthy Place is far more thorough than any list I have compiled, and providing as much information as I can–particularly when you, or someone you love, is the middle of a crisis–is my first priority.
Please bookmark this page for easy access when you need it.
Suicide Hotline Phone Numbers
If you feel suicidal or you’re in a crisis situation and need immediate assistance, people at these suicide hotlines in the U.S. are there to help.
- 1-800-273-8255 (1-800-273-TALK) National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- 1-800-784-2433 (1-800-SUICIDE) National Hopeline Network
- 1-866-488-7386 (1-866-4.U.TREVOR aimed at gay and questioning youth)
Information on Suicide Hotlines and Suicide Chat
- Suicide Hotline Phone Numbers
- Reasons People Call a Suicide Crisis Hotline
- Suicide Hotline: What Happens When You Call?
- How Does a Suicide Prevention Hotline Prevent Suicide?
- Suicide Prevention Chat: How Does It Work?
- Suicide Chat Hotline Options
- Suicide Help Chat: A Viable Option to Calling a Crisis Line?
- How to Become a Suicide Hotline Volunteer
- Addiction and Suicide Support via DrugRehab.com
- Considering Suicide? STOP!
- Feeling Suicidal? How to Help Yourself
- Coping with Feelings and Thoughts of Suicide
- Reasons for Living Can Prevent Suicide During Depression
- Author Chronicles Her Struggles with Suicidal Thoughts
Helping Someone Who is Suicidal
- How to Help the Suicidal Person
- How to Talk to a Suicidal Person
- Is Talking About Suicide with a Suicidal Person Dangerous?
- How to Help a Suicidal Person: Take Them Seriously
- Helping a Suicidal Friend or Relative
- Handling A Phone Call from A Suicidal Person
- How Do I Help A Friend In A Hospital For Drug Treatment And A Suicide Attempt?
- How to Help Suicidal Older Men and Women
General Information About Suicide
- Understanding and Helping the Suicidal Person
- Depression: Understanding Thoughts of Suicide
- Frequently Asked Questions About Suicide
- Suicide Facts, Suicide Statistics, Teen Suicide Statistics
- Suicide: The Risk is Lifelong for Those Who’ve Tried It Once
- Suicide Risk Runs in Families
- High-Suicide Families Eyed by Genetic Scientists
- Why People Kill Themselves, Commit Suicide
- Why Do People Kill Themselves?
- Why Live When You Feel Like Dying?
- Facts About Suicide
- Suicide FAQs
- Coping with Suicide
Suicide and Disorders
- Addiction and Suicide Support via DrugRehab.com
- Suicide Prevention: Bipolar and Suicide
- Suicide, A Very Real Threat to a Person with Bipolar Disorder
- Depression: Suicide and Self Injury
- Eating Disorders Linked to Suicide Risk
- Depressed Veterans and Suicide
- Schizophrenia and Suicide
Therapy for Helping Suicidal Person
After a Suicide
- Effects of Suicide on Family Members, Loved Ones
- Suicide: Family Members’ Grief and Loss
- Dealing with Anger and Guilt After a Suicide
- Coping with Loss: Bereavement and Grief
Other Helpful Resources
Youth Suicide | Children and Teens
Suicide Information for Teens
- For Teens Dealing with Thoughts of Suicide
- Teen Suicide: Feel Suicidal? What Now?
- Where Can Suicidal Teens Turn for Help?
- Teen Suicide Hotlines and Chat: Get Help Now
- Is Turning to Social Media for Teen Suicide Help A Good Idea?
- Teen Suicide Stories: You Don’t Have to Become One
- For Teens: Dealing with a Parent’s Suicide
Teen Suicide Information for Parents
- Teen Suicide Warning Signs: What Parents Should Look For
- What to Do If Your Teen is Suicidal?
- Why Do Teens Commit Suicide? Causes of Teen Suicide
- Bullying, Cyberbullying and Teen Suicide
- Teen Suicide Prevention: What Parents Need to Know
- Teen Suicide Statistics, Rates, and Facts
More Teen Suicide Articles for Parents
- Why Teens Consider Suicide
- Suicide and Teenagers
- Risk Factors for Child and Teen Suicide
- Is My Child Contemplating Suicide?
- Suicide in Youth: What You Can Do About It
- Study Links Depression and Suicide Rates to Teen Sex
- A Suicide: No Warning of Her Decision to End Her Life
- Parents Surviving the Suicide of Their Child
- Intervening in Child and Teen Suicide
Gay Teen Suicide
- Gay Teen Suicide: Risk Factors, Statistics, Where to Get Help
- Gay is OK! What You Need to Know About Gay Teen Suicide
Books on Suicide
- Night Falls Fast: Understanding Suicideby Kay Redfield Jamison
- The Savage God: A Study of Suicide by A. Alvarez
- Healing After the Suicide of a Loved Oneby A. Smolin, J. Guinan
- Grieving a Suicide: A Loved One’s Search for Comfort, Answers & Hopeby Albert Y. Hsu
- No Time to Say Goodbye: Surviving The Suicide Of A Loved Oneby Carla Fine
- Prayers for Bobby: A Mother’s Coming to Terms with the Suicide of Her Gay Sonby Leroy Aarons
- When Nothing Matters Anymore: A Survival Guide for Depressed Teensby Bey Cobain
- Crisis center in your area
- American Association of Suicidology (AAS).
- The Trevor Project – Saving Young Lives. Aimed to gay and questioning youth
Much of the information above was first published by Healthy Place at: https://www.healthyplace.com/other-info/suicide/suicide-suicidal-thoughts-and-behaviors-toc/.
I have added–and will continue to add–new resources as I come across them, so check back! And if you have a recommendation for a new resources, send me an email at: email@example.com.