Spread Some Love with These Quotes About Love and Friendship
Once a year we get an entire day devoted to reminding the people closest to our hearts just how much they mean to us. Valentine’s Day should not only be reminiscent of romantic relationships, but friends and family alike. Love is love, it’s powerful and incredible and at times, it’s taken for granted.
This Valentine’s Day, don’t miss a moment to tell the people you truly care about just how much they mean to you. To help you get started, ProFlowers put together a collection of Valentine’s Day quotes to help you put love into words. Whether you’re trying to create a heartfelt message for your sweetheart, a light-hearted sentiment for your kiddos, or a note to make your best friend smile, the words below should help you do the trick.
Browse through the collection and let me know which one is your favorite in the comments below!
Cute Valentine’s Day Quotes
A cute Valentine’s quote is one way to make your sweetheart’s day. Whether you’re searching for something light-hearted or sentimental, these Valentine’s Day quotes will help you elevate your message.
- “There is only one happiness in life: to love and be loved.” – George Sand, Author
- “Valentine’s Day is the poet’s holiday.” – Ted Koosner, Poet
- “Lovers don’t finally meet somewhere. They’re in each other all along.” – Rumi, Poet
- “A flower cannot blossom without sunshine, and man cannot live without love.” – Max Muller, Philologist
- “You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” – Dr. Seuss, Author
- “The art of love…is largely the art of persistence.” – Albert Ellis, Psychologist
- “Love planted a rose, and the world turned sweet.” – Katharine Lee Bates, Songwriter
- “Love doesn’t make the world go round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.” – Franklin P. Jones, Engineer
- “Grow old with me! The best is yet to be.” – Robert Browning, Poet
- “The Eskimos had fifty-two names for snow because it was important to them: there ought to be as many for love.” – Margaret Atwood, Author
- “It is astonishing how little one feels alone when one loves.” – John Bulwer, Physician
- “Love is the greatest refreshment in life.” – Pablo Picasso, Artist
- “Where there is love, there is life.” – Mahatma Ghandi, Civil Rights Leader
- “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.” – Helen Keller, Author
- “There are never enough I Love You’s.” – Lenny Bruce, Comedian
Funny Valentine’s Day Quotes
They say that laughter is the best medicine so, why not make your Valentine smile this year? If your special someone enjoys good humor, these quotes will help you make light of the holiday. Scroll through the funny Valentine’s Day quotes below to find the perfect one.
- “I love being married. It’s so great to find one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.” – Rita Rudner, Comedian
- “To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance.” – Oscar Wilde, Playwright
- “True love comes quietly, without banners or flashing lights. If you hear bells, get your ears checked.” – Erich Segal, Author
- “I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known.” – Walt Disney, Animator
- “Love is a grave mental disease.” – Plato, Philosopher
- “It’s better to have loved and lost than to have to do forty pounds of laundry a week.” – Laurence J. Peter, Educator
- “Without Valentine’s Day, February would be…well, January.” – Jim Gaffigan, Comedian
- “Love is what you’ve been through with somebody.” – James Thurber, Cartoonist
- “What the world really needs is more love and less paperwork.” – Pearl Bailey, Actress
- “Money can’t buy love, but it improves your bargaining position.” – Christopher Marlowe, Playwright
- “If love is the answer, could you please rephrase the question?” – Lily Tomlin, Actress
- “Love is like an hourglass, with the heart filling up as the brain empties.” – Jules Renard, Author
- “Nobody will ever win the battle of the sexes. There’s too much fraternizing with the enemy.” – Henry Kissinger, Political Scientist
- “Lord! I wonder what fool it was that first invented kissing.” – Jonathon Swift, Political Satirist
Happy Valentine’s Day Quotes
Your time and recognition will not be forgotten by anyone you send a cheerful Valentine’s wish to. When your words escape you, borrow a quote to make your someone special feel loved.
“Each time you love, love as deeply as if it were forever.” - Audre Lorde, Civil Rights ActivistClick To Tweet
- “This fire that we call Loving is too strong for human minds. But just right for human souls.” – Aberjhani, Historian
- “Love is when the desire to be desired takes you so badly that you feel you could die of it.” – Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec, Painter
- “Love is something eternal; the aspect may change, but not the essence.” – Vincent van Gogh, Artist
- “A true lover always feels in debt to the one he loves.” – Ralph W. Sockman, Pastor
- “Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.” – Albert Einstein, Physicist
- “Loving is not just looking at each other, it’s looking in the same direction.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Poet
- “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” – Lao Tzu, Philosopher
- “Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.” – Emily Bronte, Author
- “The heart has its reasons, which reason knows not.” – Blaise Pascal, Mathematician
- “Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.” – Aristotle, Philosopher
- “When love is not madness, it is not love.” – Pedro Calderon de la Barca, Playwright
- “Nobody has ever measured, even poets, how much a heart can hold.” – Zelda Fitzgerald, Author
- “Love is metaphysical gravity.” – R. Buckminster Fuller, Architect
- “Love is a canvas furnished by nature and embroidered by imagination.” – Voltaire, Author
- “If you remember me, then I don’t care if everyone else forgets.” – Haruki Murakami, Author
- “Love is being stupid together.” – Paul Valery, Poet
- “And suddenly all the love songs were about you.” – Unknown
Valentine’s Day Quotes for Friends
Valentine’s Day isn’t just a celebration for couples. Friendships are an exceptional kind of love that deserve recognition on this special day. Send a Valentine’s Day message from the heart to remind your BFFs just how much they mean to you.
- “Rare as is true love, true friendship is rarer.” – Jean de La Fontaine, Poet
- “A friend is what the heart needs all the time.” – Henry Van Dyke, Author
- “My best friend is the one who brings out the best in me.” – Henry Ford, Businessman
- “Friendship marks a life even more deeply than love. Love risks degenerating into obsession, friendship is never anything but sharing.” – Elie Wiesel, Author
- “True friends are like diamonds — bright, beautiful, valuable and always in style.” – Nicole Richie, Actress
- “There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate.” – Linda Grayson, Author
- “Friends are medicine for a wounded heart, and vitamins for a hopeful soul.” – Steve Maraboli, Author
Aren’t those great? With all these wonderful quotes, you’re sure to find the perfect one to express your sentiment. My favorite one is the featured quote by Helen Keller, and the quotes about chocolate are a close second. Don’t forget to tell me which ones are your favorites in the comments below!
Spread a little love by sharing!