Most of the information below was first published by Healthy Place at: https://www.healthyplace.com/other-info/suicide/suicide-suicidal-thoughts-and-behaviors-toc/
This list of resources is far more thorough than any list I have compiled, and providing as much information as I can–particularly when you, or someone you love, is the middle of a crisis–is my first priority. Please bookmark either this page or the source page on Healthy Place.
Healthy Place is an excellent resource for all things mental health. I’ve read just about everything they’ve published, and I highly recommend the site if you’re looking for something specific about mental illness or mental health.
Suicide Hotline Phone Numbers
If you feel suicidal or you’re in a crisis situation and need immediate assistance, people at these suicide hotlines in the U.S. are there to help.
- 1-800-273-8255 (1-800-273-TALK) National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- 1-800-784-2433 (1-800-SUICIDE) National Hopeline Network
- 1-866-488-7386 (1-866-4.U.TREVOR aimed at gay and questioning youth)
Information on Suicide Hotlines and Suicide Chat
- Suicide Hotline Phone Numbers
- Reasons People Call a Suicide Crisis Hotline
- Suicide Hotline: What Happens When You Call?
- How Does a Suicide Prevention Hotline Prevent Suicide?
- Suicide Prevention Chat: How Does It Work?
- Suicide Chat Hotline Options
- Suicide Help Chat: A Viable Option to Calling a Crisis Line?
- How to Become a Suicide Hotline Volunteer
- Addiction and Suicide Support via DrugRehab.com
- Considering Suicide? STOP!
- Feeling Suicidal? How to Help Yourself
- Coping with Feelings and Thoughts of Suicide
- Reasons for Living Can Prevent Suicide During Depression
- Author Chronicles Her Struggles with Suicidal Thoughts
Helping Someone Who is Suicidal
- How to Help the Suicidal Person
- How to Talk to a Suicidal Person
- Is Talking About Suicide with a Suicidal Person Dangerous?
- How to Help a Suicidal Person: Take Them Seriously
- Helping a Suicidal Friend or Relative
- Handling A Phone Call from A Suicidal Person
- How Do I Help A Friend In A Hospital For Drug Treatment And A Suicide Attempt?
- How to Help Suicidal Older Men and Women
General Information About Suicide
- Understanding and Helping the Suicidal Person
- Depression: Understanding Thoughts of Suicide
- Frequently Asked Questions About Suicide
- Suicide Facts, Suicide Statistics, Teen Suicide Statistics
- Suicide: The Risk is Lifelong for Those Who’ve Tried It Once
- Suicide Risk Runs in Families
- High-Suicide Families Eyed by Genetic Scientists
- Why People Kill Themselves, Commit Suicide
- Why Do People Kill Themselves?
- Why Live When You Feel Like Dying?
- Facts About Suicide
- Suicide FAQs
- Coping with Suicide
Suicide and Disorders
- Addiction and Suicide Support via DrugRehab.com
- Suicide Prevention: Bipolar and Suicide
- Suicide, A Very Real Threat to a Person with Bipolar Disorder
- Depression: Suicide and Self Injury
- Eating Disorders Linked to Suicide Risk
- Depressed Veterans and Suicide
- Schizophrenia and Suicide
Youth Suicide | Children and Teens
Suicide Information for Teens
- For Teens Dealing with Thoughts of Suicide
- Teen Suicide: Feel Suicidal? What Now?
- Where Can Suicidal Teens Turn for Help?
- Teen Suicide Hotlines and Chat: Get Help Now
- Is Turning to Social Media for Teen Suicide Help A Good Idea?
- Teen Suicide Stories: You Don’t Have to Become One
- For Teens: Dealing with a Parent’s Suicide
Teen Suicide Information for Parents
- Teen Suicide Warning Signs: What Parents Should Look For
- What to Do If Your Teen is Suicidal?
- Why Do Teens Commit Suicide? Causes of Teen Suicide
- Bullying, Cyberbullying and Teen Suicide
- Teen Suicide Prevention: What Parents Need to Know
- Teen Suicide Statistics, Rates, and Facts
More Teen Suicide Articles for Parents
- Why Teens Consider Suicide
- Suicide and Teenagers
- Risk Factors for Child and Teen Suicide
- Is My Child Contemplating Suicide?
- Suicide in Youth: What You Can Do About It
- Study Links Depression and Suicide Rates to Teen Sex
- A Suicide: No Warning of Her Decision to End Her Life
- Parents Surviving the Suicide of Their Child
- Intervening in Child and Teen Suicide
Therapy for Helping Suicidal Person
After a Suicide
- Effects of Suicide on Family Members, Loved Ones
- Suicide: Family Members’ Grief and Loss
- Dealing with Anger and Guilt After a Suicide
- Coping with Loss: Bereavement and Grief
Gay Teen Suicide
- Gay Teen Suicide: Risk Factors, Statistics, Where to Get Help
- Gay is OK! What You Need to Know About Gay Teen Suicide
Books on Suicide
- Night Falls Fast: Understanding Suicideby Kay Redfield Jamison
- The Savage God: A Study of Suicideby A. Alvarez
- Healing After the Suicide of a Loved Oneby A. Smolin, J. Guinan
- Grieving a Suicide: A Loved One’s Search for Comfort, Answers & Hopeby Albert Y. Hsu
- No Time to Say Goodbye: Surviving The Suicide Of A Loved Oneby Carla Fine
- Prayers for Bobby: A Mother’s Coming to Terms with the Suicide of Her Gay Sonby Leroy Aarons
- When Nothing Matters Anymore: A Survival Guide for Depressed Teensby Bey Cobain
- Crisis center in your area
- American Association of Suicidology (AAS).
- The Trevor Project – Saving Young Lives. Aimed to gay and questioning youth
The information above was first published by Healthy Place at: https://www.healthyplace.com/other-info/suicide/suicide-suicidal-thoughts-and-behaviors-toc/